NTJ Ni-Ti Alloy Prostate Stent and Introducer
The NTJ Ni-Ti (Nitinol*) Alloy Prostate Stent fulfills the standards of the state of the art treatment of subvesical obstructions.
Indications for the prostate stent :
- Benign hyperplasia of the prostate
- Obstructive Carcinoma of the prostate
- Better and easier handling
- The placement is performed under cytoscopic control
- Generally the stent implantation can be performed under local anesthesia
- Endoscopic inspection is possible at all times
- After approximately 3 months, the stent is covered by urothelium
- Removal of the stent up to 2 weeks after deployment
*Nitinol is the descriptive name for a family of paramagnetic nickel-titanium alloys, which are characterised by their properties of super flexibility, shape memory and excellent biocompatibility. Nitinol alloys possess a “memory” for their programmed dimensions and shape, and will attempt to reform to that original form, even after mechanical influence. This is known as “shape memory effect”.